Tuesday… Orange?

So remember how yesterday I was all excited because of the wonderful things happening in my life? Well, I remember that too, but it’s one of those memories that I’m viewing through a long long fuzzy telescope. Because I am not excited or happy or even feeling anything more than iffy.

TMI ALERT! The following paragraphs contain detailed information about my bodily functions. If you can’t handle it, don’t keep reading.

I was talking to my best friend on the phone at around 3:30 yesterday afternoon. After I got off the phone with her, I suddenly had the urge to GO. You know what I mean. So, I went… and it stung a little. I thought to myself, this better not be one of those. Lo and behold, by 3:45 I had already gone again about 12 times, and it stung worse each time, so I called Jonathan and told him to come home to take care of Hula Girl; I needed to get to the doctor ASAP.

All the doctor told me as he walked into the room (after introducing himself) was, “Your urine looks awful.” Thanks, Doc! I have a wonderful urinary tract infection. He put me on antibiotics and this crazy med that takes away the urge to GO and the stinging, but it also turns your pee NEON ORANGE. Nice.

So, needless to say, life is less than wonderful, as I am hoping and praying this doesn’t turn into a kidney infection. Been there, done that, got the shot in the butt. I do NOT want to do that again.

Poor little Hula Girl must be so bored of me. All I did this morning was sit on the couch, talk to my mom, turn on some music (the Spice Girls channel on Pandora!) so she could dance, and read books with her.

After all that, it was only 9:25, and naptime isn’t until 10:15. So I got her all sunscreened up and took her outside to the backyard. I was going to push her in her swing for a bit, but then I decided to fill a 60-quart storage container with water and let her play with it. Well, she decided she wanted to get in it. Yes, in the freezing cold hose-water. At 9:30 in the morning. So I stripped her down to her bare bottom and hat, and let her at it. She climbed in and had a blast. She brought two rocks from the front yard into the water with her, and discovered that they can go in the bottom of her MegaBlox. That was so cool. She did it over and over and over and over… and then she decided to throw the rocks out into the grass, get out of the bin, find the rocks, throw them back into the water, and splash back in all by herself. That was even more fun!

By 10:00, I had a frozen popsicle baby, who was extremely pleased with herself. I carried her inside, wrapped her in a towel, and gave her some water so she could quench any lingering thirst (I think she might have drank about a third of the water from the storage bin).Then I put her down for her nap while she giggled and poked the bird on my shirt.

I guess me being sick doesn’t mean Hula Girl has to have a boring day after all.

Wish me well, and send some soup. I am hoping to feel better soon.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: